Designing a new Brew Stand, Best way to mount burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrozenWinter

Reaction score
I'm currently designing a new brew stand to replace my old wooden 3 tier setup.

My new design is going to be a 2 tier set up with the HLT and MT on the top and a pump running the HLT to the MT and gravity feeding the MT to the BK.
The problem im running into with the design is how to mount my burner to the stand.
The stand will be welded up out of 1"1/2 square tube and the burner I currently have is one of the older (non hellfire) Blichmann floor burners. I have the short legs and wind screen for it as well.

If i could see some pics or drawings of how other folk on here have mounted their burners It would be really helpful.
Thanks!

Here's one way to do it.

I designed and fabricated my 3v2p single tier stand around the geometry of fully-assembled Blichmann Floor Burners, using 1-1/2" square tubing. That meant designing the openings to fit the assemblies, then welding some hanging brackets to the frame that engaged with holes through the outside of the legs, making sure the assembled burner was proud of the top of the frame by enough so the adjustable pot rests weren't blocked by the top rail.

P9030046.JPG

P9030047.JPG

P9030048.JPG

Close up showing the pot rests extended with plenty of frame clearance.

shield_gap.jpg

Cheers!

Nice, I like it. Pretty simple way of doing it really.
I have a feeling I was overthinking it. lol

What casters are those? Do they fit right into the tubing?

Bought from Caster City (seriously! :D) these are 4" total locking casters with rubber expansion stems that just fit inside 1-1/2" square tubing before the expansion bolt is tightened to bulge the stems outwards. After that they grip like death - I've stood the whole rig on end which puts hella stress on the caster stems but they stay planted...

Cheers!

Bought from Caster City (seriously! :D) these are 4" total locking casters with rubber expansion stems that just fit inside 1-1/2" square tubing before the expansion bolt is tightened to bulge the stems outwards. After that they grip like death - I've stood the whole rig on end which puts hella stress on the caster stems but they stay planted...

Cheers!
Thanks, I'll have to pick some of those up!

this is my favorite way to mount the burner
ElementKit_TCRIP_Weld-2T.jpg
I'll probably do a rims tube at some point down the line, but i think i'll stick with my blichmann for my BK.
If the next house i buy has room for it in the basement I plan on building an indoor brewery and running off natural gas.

Here's one way to do it.

I designed and fabricated my 3v2p single tier stand around the geometry of fully-assembled Blichmann Floor Burners, using 1-1/2" square tubing. That meant designing the openings to fit the assemblies, then welding some hanging brackets to the frame that engaged with holes through the outside of the legs, making sure the assembled burner was proud of the top of the frame by enough so the adjustable pot rests weren't blocked by the top rail.

View attachment 668255

View attachment 668257

Close up showing the pot rests extended with plenty of frame clearance.

View attachment 668258

Cheers!

Sure, but you could have executed better. I mean seriously, dude -

2.JPG

main 1.JPG

I mean, gorgeous welding, right? Like a pro?:D

Here's were my design is at right now, still have some tweaking to do as well as mitering my corners.

Attachments

• snap_001.png
    snap_001.png
    55 KB · Views: 36
Back