Dehydrators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a dehydrator in the next couple days. I know some of you guys here have to have one. I am mainly looking at one to dry peppers and make jerky. I am looking at either the nesco 700 watt or the excalibur 4 try but could be persuaded to others.

Suggestions?

My wife has the Nesco "Gardenmaster" model, and LOVES it! In fact, she just recently made watermelon "roll-ups" that were mighty tasty! She has made a number of types of jerky in it, as well.

glenn514:mug:

I have Nesco's FD-1020, which looks to be the top of their line, but I think I paid around $50 for it used. It works really well. I like that all the "guts" are in the lid which makes drippings easy to clean. I also like that you can buy add on trays for the Nesco if you want to expand. Mine, with a 1000 watt heater claims to handle up to 20 trays.

People really seem to love their Excalibur dehydrators though.

My wife has the Nesco "Gardenmaster" model, and LOVES it! In fact, she just recently made watermelon "roll-ups" that were mighty tasty! She has made a number of types of jerky in it, as well.

Tis what I own and it makes a kickass beef jerky.

Back