DC Area Group Buy #14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have a confirmed date for pickup from 3 Stars. I emailed again to see if they have determined which dates work for them but cannot check that email at work. Possible dates are still 2,9, or 16 JAN.

I will update the sheets tonight with all the latest changes. Please get paypal in, if you have not already.

REMINDER there is 10# of Caramunich (I think) still available on the split list.

claphamsa: the short boils he was talking about were 30 minute boils...interesting read on brulosophy;

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I just got word back from 3 Stars that we are on for 2 JAN. Please plan accordingly. At this moment, I have 5 people who have not paid. Deadline is tonight at midnight as I am sending the order in tomorrow morning. Please don't make me hunt you down, or worse remove you from the order! Cheers!

I will be on the road back from Michigan and will not be able to make it on Jan 2. I will make arrangements with xcdarrel to get my grains picked up. Thanks Tony for doing such a great job keeping this moving so smoothly!

Sorry I'm so late on this, but I honestly thought the pickup was the 9th and I'll be out of town. Now that I know it's the 2nd hopefully it's not too late to add:

1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

I'll close out the caramunich...

10# WEY1031 Weyermann CARAMUNICH Type 1 25 kg (55 lb)

Sorry I'm so late on this, but I honestly thought the pickup was the 9th and I'll be out of town. Now that I know it's the 2nd hopefully it's not too late to add:

1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

I'll close out the caramunich...

10# WEY1031 Weyermann CARAMUNICH Type 1 25 kg (55 lb)

Added!

ALERT: This buy is now soft closed!

That means you can add items to a second order for next week as long as the malt is a base grain or something we are likely to be able to get like MO. Splits are allowed IF you can work it out in the forum to get the whole sack ordered...i.e. I won't add it to the sheet until you have the whole sack taken.

ALERT: I am missing two payments!

I sent a second email to the brewers who have not paypal's me. I will remove them from the order before I process it this morning if I do not have funds in the next hour. Sorry, but I can't hold up the order for those who followed the rules!

for an order that was sluggish for 4+ months, things sure have picked up. shaping up to be one of our biggest, i believe. winter = brewing season!

Biggest through 3 stars, yes, but overall when I was having it delivered direct to my house we had over 80 sacks on a couple of orders...my back remembers those! :)

@claphamsa the short boils he was talking about were 30 minute boils...interesting read on brulosophy;

There was a Basic Brewing Radio episode this month where he talked with the brulosophy guy and tasted a all pils SMaSH that was boiled for only 15 minutes (though very vigorously) and no DMS flavor was tasted.

I will also be on road on Jan. 2nd. I live over in Falls Church. Is anyone that lives over my way able to grab my bag and split?

Let's talk logistics..

I have a 55# scale, knife, folding table and I'll be working on labels this week.

Who else can bring a table and scale? Scoops are always in high demand.

Also, if you have empty buckets and bags, please bring them.

I have a few buckets still from BjgBeavK, that I can bring if we're hurting.

Samples are always welcome and dropping off a couple, for those who put this together and go out of their way to make this work, is appreciated too!

Let's make this pickup the smoothest of all.

I have a bag full of plastic bags I have been collecting, which I will bring along. I can bring a scale, but I think it only does up to 9.9 pounds or so, so it would be better if others can bring a beefier one...

Pickup time is between 10:30am-11:30pm. If you get there early, and help with splits, you can probably get out sooner (unless all you have is whole bags, which means you can pickup pretty early, in and out).

All that said, we all usually hang out for a while to drink each other's wares, talk brewing and pick up miscellaneous stuff from their homebrew shop (which I recommend, as they are doing up a solid hosting this buy).

not sure if I can make it on the 2nd I'm gonna try not sure if someone can pick my sack up for me

Back