Danby Mini Fridge NOise Levels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterWarlock

Reaction score
Are these Danby fridges reasonably quiet, or should I go with a more common brand name Fridge? I'm looking for a potential freezerless kegerator fridge.

I have an older Danby kegerator and it’s reasonably quiet, but you will hear it. It’s neither especially loud nor especially long cycle times to maintain cooling. I can’t speak to overall brand quality, but mine has served me well both when it was indoors and for the last year when it’s been in my garage in the south.

I imagine newer ones are probably a bit quieter than mine (at least 6 years old) but in my experience if a thing has a compressor, you’re gonna hear it a bit.

I have a Danby Designer mini, freezerless.

Purchased in January 2021.

She sits in my kitchen area, and you can barely hear the compressor kick on.

Actually the "click" of the relay in the Inkbird controlling it is louder. :)

FYI: I ferment in kegs. The bottle with the "tee" on top is the primary blow-off which can handle pressure up to at least 25PSI, with a gas line leading out of the fridge to either a bubbler, a starSan keg to purge, or a spunding valve.

Attachments

• 20210603_174916.jpg
    20210603_174916.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210603_174936.jpg
    20210603_174936.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I must say I'm compelled to get one of these asap. I've been relying on a jockey box to cool my beer, finally ready for a better solution. Time to take the plunge!

Back