Danby DAR440BK Update 10/30/12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickFinsta

Reaction score
I just got my Danby DAR440BK from Amazon for my kegerator conversion, and FYI the molded inner door is held in place by the insulating foam, and is not screwed in anymore (it used to sandwich the gasket). I cut the panel and foam with a flexible molding saw (super fast and smooth cut), and used silicone adhesive to put a piece a plexiglass in, but you can't just pop the old door liner out like the old units. I'm not sure when it changed, but I didn't see anything about it in my *very* recent research.

The good news is the door gasket is just a nice press fit into the portion of the panel you leave intact, so it is easy to take on and off for cleaning or maintenance/replacement. Also, there are still no lines between the temperature controller / light assembly and the back wall, so it wasy easy button time to drill for the tower.

That is all!

Back