Damn That Went Fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHBC

Reaction score
I put my fresh 5gal. batch of Ale to Keg on Wed. the 13th. Last night I went to fill a frozen glass and all I got was Foam. I have a batch fermenting that was started the same night the keg got filled. It is still a week or so out though. Looks like 10gal. batches are in my future.

Frozen glass?

Do the beer a service and serve that stuff in a room temp/slightly cool glass. Serving anything other than a light American adjunct lager in a frozen glass is a disservice to that beer.

I'll move away from my soap box now...

:tank:Heh heh, welcome to the addiction. Now you just have to get away from using frozen glasses!! I used to be guilty of that, too.

Frozen glass?

Do the beer a service and serve that stuff in a room temp/slightly cool glass. Serving anything other than a light American adjunct lager in a frozen glass is a disservice to that beer.

I'll move away from my soap box now...

+1.

If anything, let that ale warm up a bit (to like 45-50*F) before drinking it. You'll then enjoy all of the great flavors it has to offer.

Ultra-low serving temps and frozen mugs (been there, done that) are for times when you want to stun your taste buds so you can get BCM swill down your gullet without gagging.

Actually I only drink out of frozen glass. Molten glass has been known to produce off flavors and aromas, and fourth degree burns.

I do agree with using a room temp glass, and drinking in the 40s.

I'll step down from my ******* box now

m_stodd said:
Actually I only drink out of frozen glass. Molten glass has been known to produce off flavors and aromas, and fourth degree burns.

I do agree with using a room temp glass, and drinking in the 40s.

I'll step down from my ******* box now

HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD MY ******* BOX?!?!

Been looking everywhere for it...

I will switch to a room temp glass with my next batch. And I did share quite a bit. Also not a full five gallons were in the keg due to some first timer mistakes. Probably closer to 4 gallons actually made it all the way. With my current run I made sure to get a full 5gal. into the carboy.

Back