"Custom Built Keezers" Craigslist Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordzilla

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what forum was appropriate for this, but I just thought I'd share with you guys.

There's no mention of price, but I would guess they're asking quite a bit. To me, the best part of my keezer is that I built it myself. I find this pretty funny, and don't think anyone's going to buy a keezer.

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/app/4058831859.html

First thought was shouldn't there be some sort of insulation around the collar? Builds I've seen here seem to have them. Then I read how he is selling his home brew and I'm going to venture to guess he isn't licensed to do so. He'll likely get away with it for a while, I assume.

I wonder what he's charging just for the keezer itself; the The Equipped Model, as he calls it.

I do like the towel rack, though... I don't think I've seen that on any other collar keezers yet.

I might have to add that on mine.

That towel rack is a nice touch, indeed.

And it's needed, since he forgot a drip tray!

Of course, there should be insulation on the inside of the collar. And unless he hacked the thermostat, I don't see a temperature controller or sensor either.

Since there's no price indication, I expect it to be way overpriced. I'm pretty sure it will get flagged. Pretty blunt way to advertise.

He's not paying for the electricity, why would he insulate it?

As for temperature control, it's only included with the higher end models haha

Back