Cube fridge jockey box....maybe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirkwooder

Emperor of all things nobody cares about
Reaction score
So, I've brewed for years and have always wanted to step up to kegging my brews, but budget and space have kept me bottling.

I truly don't have room in my tiny house for a kegerator. However, my wife brought home a dorm sized "cube" refridgerator form work, that is in perfect working condition. This made me think that maybe I could use it to make a jockey box kegerator.

My question is can I, or should I, keep cory kegs and a co2 tank in a closet and plumb them to the cube with a cooling coil inside before finally coming out a tap on the side of the cube?

I attempted to do this myself, the coil idea was a fail. After the first pint or two, the coil had warmed and the pours became foamy. I switched to a cold plate and would leave that submerged in a bowl of ice that I filled prior to serving. This worked well until the ice would run out, which only happened when I had people over. In this case I would just refill the bowl. Eventually I just moved to a full sized fridge.

Latest posts

Back