Crypto Stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyeggoxj

Reaction score
Anyone here mine crypto or play around with such things? Been interesting to watch certain coins go up and down. Wish I would have kept some BTC I had a month ago.

More than anything I'm curious where things will go in the future and what "coins" will take the lead.

Back in 2009 I started mining Bitcoin @ home on my PC, but it was essentially worthless, and there were more important things like WoW. Had I kept mining, I would most certainly be a multi-millionaire. That story is probably shared by many.

I do know people who currently mine using NiceHash and collect anywhere from a $1 - $10+ dollars a day. They do however have large investments in hardware and space for that hardware plus the cost of electricity so the return on investment isn't that great but it does provide a small income stream.

Each of those folks has a Bitpay Card and can use it at any place that accepts them.

There appears to be a lot of (currency value) corrections and speculation that's occurring.

A lot of pluses and minuses to crypto... fixed amount of coins, secure but need electricity, what happens the electricity goes out? How's it going to be backed (gold) or is it going to backed (Fiat currency)? Each nation makes their own? If so, how many coins are needed or made for each nations crypto? What happens to money markets? What about inflation (i.e. can't just print more)?

The deal with money is that it's just an object with artificial (false or perceived) value placed on it.

A good read is - The Creature from Jekyll Island

Last edited by a moderator:
Crypto is absolutely an interest of mine. I am a tax accountant (CPA) who works in financial services though, so that would be inevitable ...

I'm long on Bitcoin at the moment after staking a small investment when the price was around 10K. I'm also in ETH and LTC as of very recently. Currently purchasing via Coinbase though I will consider using other exchanges if I see the value in it. Again I come at this from much more of an economic standpoint than anything else, and I've been interested in volatile investing for a while now. Here's an interesting article I read the other day which well explains market capitalization and asset class concept as it relates to Bitcoin , and why many will continue to consider Bitcoin (and perhaps other cryptocurrency) to be a good investment for the forseeable future. Personally, I recommend doing all the due diligence you can before dropping money into anything, but I am enthusiastic.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/41...gcm:79c5aaa389229fb24d5e0d7d8b41037a&uprof=17

Latest posts

Back