• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Corona Grain Mill in a Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edecambra

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a cheap Corona style grain mill that I have put into a bucket ala the Ugly Junk thread. It is indeed ugly but works as well as can be expected for a cheap mill. I've been using it for the past 2.5 years for my batch sparging setup, full All Grain, and I've only had three stuck sparges with a high adjunct mash and no hulls! I get 65 percent efficiency with it. I replaced the handle with a bolt to use my drill and a socket bit to great success. You can always take it out of the bucket, but it is convenient to keep the dust down as these style mills are messy.

I'd like to sell this locally, as shipping a big bucket is inherently a pain. I"m in Gainesville, FL. I'm asking 25 bucks obo, cheers,

On occasion, I have some friends that I visit up there but I don't think I'll be heading that way too soon.

Ok, so I took the mill out of the bucket and all the bits and pieces fit in a large USPS flat rate box. I have in it right now: corona grain mill, hopper (pictured above), hand crank and bolt, hex bolt for drill (no drill or socket included), hand made wooden stand for installation in a bucket.

Putting it all back into your bucket of choice is really as simple as putting an inch or so hole in the top of a bucket, just below all the ribbed material where the bail handle attaches. The "hardest" part was assembling this damn wooden brace for the clamp to attach, and its yours.

So listed is the 25 bucks plus shipping (which is the cheaper of 16.85 via usps or fedex, sometimes cheaper)

Cheers all

I am interested.

Ok man, sorry to get your hopes up but my plans have changed and I am no longer making that trip.

In light of this and the general lack of interest, the price is dropped to 20 obo plus shipping, which is capped at 16.85 via USPS but may be lower via fedex, by a few bucks. This thing is heavy!

Back