Cornerstone Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapo

Reaction score
My 4th batch was friggin amazing! Very dark, rich, malty, and strong!

I decided to call it Cornerstone Ale, because it's exactly what I wanted to make when I decided to brew. So it's made from 2 cans of coopers draught plus some DME. My big question is, does anyone know what sort of hop profile is in the cooper draught cans?

Welllllll, we're almost to the end of this batch of cornerstone ale, and I want to make it again. I'm thinking I may add some oatmeal to give it a bit frothier, more head. Anyone have experience with this? I'm also going to use my harvested notty yeast and see what I get :)

Oats need to be mashed with a base malt in order to get anything out of them but starch haze. Plus they don't do much for head, but they do lend a creamy mouthfeel. If you're going to do a mini-mash, some flaked wheat or wheat malt would work better for head retention.

Another option would be carapils........not as sexy as flaked wheat or oats and so on but it will do the job.

Ok I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :)

Can't seem to get a brew day going here, wedding planning and stuff is needing doing with the big day 2 weeks away!

Brewing up the first half of my double batch (damn small kettle lol) and drinking one of the same stuff I'm making! Awesome feeling :)

Latest posts

Back