Coopers carb drops for a stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nivaguk

Reaction score
My coopers stout will be ready to bottle in a couple of weeks but I am not sure about the carbonation level.

I will be using coopers carb drops and the bottles are 500ml but I'm not sure how many to use to get a Guinness type carbonation.

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks all

If you're not entering it in a competition, you are the strictest judge. In general, Americans like their beer more carbonated than the style suggests. So it may be perfect that the drop would overdo a "standard" beer, but you want less carbonation in your stout so you use a bigger bottle.

One drop per 12oz bottle max. If using a 16.9 oz bottle I would just use one.

Hi There

I need some guidance from you experts. i am trying for the first time the st peters stout and bottling it soon, i have 750ml bottles and dont know how much carbonating drops should i use.

cheers guys.
v

750 ml is 16 oz.
1 1/2 drops per bottle is what is recommended, however I only use 16 oz bottles and I only use 1 drop per bottle.
I guess I’m too lazy to cut drops in half!
But that’s just me.
thats great. thanks fo the advice. it shall be done.

Back