Coooper's carbonation drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prefsnider

Reaction score
Do these Cooper's drops contain a "heading agent" of some type? The bag only lists sugar and glucose as ingredients. Just read in one of the other forums that they "might"...

If the ingredient list has some sort of "polypropylene glycol alginate" in it, that could be true.

I stopped using the carbing drops and traded them in for plain sugar. If you have enough protein in your wort added with hops of sufficient alpha acid content, your foam should be OK when bottle conditioning is finished.

No more "fizz drops" for me. I've been using Domino Dot Sugar cubes for about 8 months with perfect carbonation. Just make sure you buy the box with 198 cubes.:mug:

Really? 1 cube per 12 ounces?

Yes sir....actually heard about Domino Dots from Flars on this forum. Just make sure you buy the 198 count box otherwise the box with less cubes are too big and won't fit in top of bottle. Plus the big cubes will over-carb your beer.

Back