Cooling weather means time to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaRooster

Reaction score
With the first real cool snap I am all smiles. Fire crackeling in the fire place while I filter 9 gallons of water for a decoction mash brew day tomorrow!! :mug:

We dont get that cool weather until November. FL Govt. just issued winter clothing reminder 1 Oct. Work uniform now changing to to Bermuda Shorts :)

I am extremely excited for this weather!! I brewed yesterday and my usual issue is I lack the ability to control my fermentation temp. NOW, however, I have a 1.095 barleywine/IIPA fermenting in the garage at a nice, stable 63F - ambient garage temp is in the mid 50s. Oh and a 2nd running 1.054 pale is sitting right next to it. :mug:

I'm pretty excited too. Our office room goes to about 60 with the windows open, so I'm looking forward to the results of lower IPA fermentation temps.

Old_mil_guy said:
Just curious what summer uniform was?

2 piece bikinis for all women under 35. One piece swimwear for those over 35. Daisy dukes and halter tops if trades employees.

Men - topless with square cut shorts under 35. Speedos for us old bear, beer brewers and others over 35 ;-)

Latest posts

Back