Complete Fermentation:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds done. If you want to be sure, test again in a couple of days. But generally if it's around 1/4 OG, I consider it done. Though I also generally leave it ferment 2-3 weeks to help clean and clear. Patience, Grasshopper.

Edit: I looked at the recipe, which finishes pretty low in two weeks. I would give it at least that long.

Yeah, I would say just take another reading in a few days if you really want to know if it's done.

If you were expecting it to get lower and did the single mash infusion at 153, you might try 148-150 next time.

How long has it been since you pitched the yeast and did you make a starter?

No starter, did a smack pack. I pitched it sat night. I was shooting for 153, but wound up at 154 for most of the mash. Not sure how much effect it has. My biggest challenge is space for a fermentation chamber, I'm currently keeping a little below 72 but it swings down to 65 sometimes due to nature is AC in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Your temp range is a little high for Kolsch but not too bad. Probably slightly underpitched too. I would relax and let it sit for another week regardless to make sure it is finished and also completes the diacetyl rest. You could keg/bottle sooner if you are in a rush? Patience is a homebrewer's best friend tho.

Latest posts

Back