Coming Back After 25+ Years Away!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveCS

Reaction score
Good Day All!!

Dave here up in Toronto, Ontario Canada!
After being away from the hobby for some time I’ve come back to it and boy are things a bit different!

I have Charlie Papazian’s first edition of “The Complete Joy Of Homebrewing” so that just tells you how long it’s been.

I used to brew 5 gallon batches but when I moved to a condo back in the mid 90’s I stopped brewing altogether. I opted, instead, to pursue other hobbies which I still enjoy but after getting to know a number of full time brewers it made me harken for the days when I could smell the kitchen of my parents home full of the wonderful aroma of wort... and with the advent of smaller 1 gallon recipes (my wife doesn’t drink beer.. she’s strictly a wine lady) I figured I would get back into it.

I’ve recently (as of Saturday) brewed my first batch of all grain beer - decided to opt for a Chocolate Stout - I made a couple errors but I’m hopeful since the beer is fermenting just fine based on what I’m seeing.

Looking forward to reading and learning and refreshing and, of course, tasting the fruits of the labours of all the brewers here and there!!

Cheers!
Dave

Back