Colonna corker for champagne bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterThirsty

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 5 month old farmhouse ale with Brett C that I'm getting ready to bottle. Here is the thread for the beer.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=618995

I've just run into a new problem while testing my corker. The Colonna corker I've bought apparently is not the right corker to bottle champagne/Belgian bottles. This is particularly annoying because the guy at the homebrew shop assured me that this was the correct corker to buy for my purposes, and that it was pretty much all purpose. As it stands now I can press the corks into the bottles, but I have to push them all the way in or the cork gets stuck. This means That the cage/cork enclosures i bought wont work properly. I'm wondering if I can just push the bottles all the way in and fasten the cage, then wait for the re-fermentation to push the corks into the cages. Otherwise I have to buy a new corker. :mad:

Anyone have any advice?

Back