Coldbreak Brewing False Bottom - Feedback?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am interested as well if anyone has had experience with the false bottom

thinking of getting one to help with stuck sparge...

S

Odd. I would have thought somebody would have purchased one of these and could provide some feedback.

Here's your chance. Buy one and let us know. I have a rectangular cooler with a pvc manifold. It works great.
This looks nice.

It looks great, but if you're having trouble with a stuck sparge, just put a BIAB bag in your cooler. If the sparge ever gets stuck, just pull up on the bag a little.
Sometimes I use a cheapo stainless vegetable steamer at the bottom of the cooler, sometimes I forget to put it in, the bag works fine either way. Using the bag also makes it easier to get the grain out when you are done.

i am interested as well if anyone has had experience with the false bottom

thinking of getting one to help with stuck sparge...

S
I'm still using keggles after 7 years. HLT, Mashtun, Boil kettle. I cut the tops myself. The cutout piece from the keg makes an excellent false bottom and creates a plenum. To fill the hole on top, pack a stainless steel scrubber around the dip tube. I've never had a stuck sparge and the wort runs clear from the first minute.

Back