Cold plate rack idea for jockey box?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stack

Reaction score
I am in the process of piecing together my cold plate jockey box and try to figure out what to use for a cold plate rack. For those of you that are not sure what I am talking about see this link. http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/jockey/wrcp.shtml?CAWELAID=1372129407

While this would be far from the most expensive piece of beer related equipment I have purchased, I figured I could cobble up something or re-purpose something. My initial thoughts were a stainless steel grilling basket, similar to this. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...alogId=10053&R=100657744&catEntryId=100657744

Perhaps I could even modify an old dish drying rack. Either way I would like it to be stainless steel or even plastic so that it does not stain the cooler and rust away.

Another idea might be to cut a "ring" out of a plastic bucket and drill a bunch of large holes through the sides to allow the water to drain.

Any other ideas? What have some of you folks used?

I was putting mine together at the last minute and used styrofoam packing material that came with some parts that I had shipped.

59654d1335837386-jockey-box-forumrunner_20120430_205622.jpg

59655d1335837415-jockey-box-forumrunner_20120430_205648.jpg

I put a couple pieces under to lift it out of the standing water. The pieces on the side held it steady in transport. I'm not sure that I'm really sold on the standing water idea. I used 20LB of ice in an igloo extreme cooler. Without draining water, it poured at around 40-45F for nearly 3 days.

We have a total of 15 jocky boxes at work (beverage catering for weddings/corporate events) only one has a rack, all work well.

Latest posts

Back