CO2 Regulator Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seconding Taprite. Micromatic also makes decent regulators, but based on a sample size of 1 purchase, they sent an unassembled product even though I bought the more expensive pre-assembled one, it had a broken gauge, and one port leaked. Their customer service was painful to deal with. Hence, Taprite. They at least used to have the gauge scale misaligned years ago -- I had a few -- and if it was too misaligned (= needle didn't move), getting a replacement from Amazon was easy enough.

I have had good experiences with Taprite (5 primary regulators, 10+ secondary).

Be sure you get a regulator with a MFL output, instead of a hose barb, so you can use EVABarrier tubing if you want to. At least some of the fittings on Taprite regulators I've had have been thread-locked in, so it may not be easy to switch. (MFL-to-hose-barb adaptors are easy to deal with if you then decide you want to go with PVC tubing, but hose-barb-to-MFL isn't a thing.)

Another for Taprite or Micromatic, Although... Taprite doesn't answer emails asking where it's possible to buy one in Canada, preconfigured with 30PSI low-side, screw-adjust zinc bonnet, on/off with check-valve and MFL output...all parts they have, but not on the same regulator, which seems a no-brainer for a kegerator.
That said I love my Taprites. Bought cheap the first time and regret it.

Back