CO2 Regulator knob stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helly

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I went to adjust my co2 regulator this afternoon and the adjustment screw is stuck. Won't turn by hand at all and only a little bit with the help of pliers. I unhooked it and took it all apart with the help of a YouTube video and I don't see any obstructions or problems elsewhere and it really just does seem that the screw is stuck. I've tried putting some keg lube on the threads and it doesn't seem to be loosening up much. Any ideas? This is what it looks like. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424052356.514244.jpg

Hmmm...hopefully the threads aren't stripping out. Maybe try a penetrating oil on the threads then let it sit for a day. If you can get it apart at that point, back the scre
w out and put a little anti-seize lubricant on it (e.g. Permatex Anti-Seize Lubricant).

Thanks I will give that a try. This is a 740 Taprite co2 regulator. I'm pretty sure I've got the threads crossed or something. No idea how I managed that. I've been looking for a replacement bonnet and can't find the exact one. I've got a couple messages in to vendors but if someone knows where to find one please let me know.

Well I didn't get it fixed but I figured out a solution. It took me a lot of googling to figure out that Micromatic sells part # 8403, Economy Series Regulator Bonnet Assembly. And that fits the Taprite regulator perfectly, I've got it hooked back up. It's red instead of blue and it's got a slotted screw instead of a wingnut style screw. And it was reasonably priced and they shipped it right away. So kudos to them.

Back