Co2 Near Stafford VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Roberts oxygen. They do not refill but exchange cylinders.

If you have a nice new aluminum 5lb co2 container and don't want to exchange it for an old tank, take your tank to thebrewshop.biz in Fredericksburg. They will exchange aluminum 5lb tanks.

I was in the debate on switching out my new tank for a refilled one and realized its just a tank and it would take me another half hour to drive to a place and get it filled v.s. 7 min around the corner from my work. After all a tank is a tank, the fact you have a draft system is impressive enough lol. The tanks from Roberts have been in good shape and look like your bran new one will in a year.

yea I know; just have to think about it. Seems weird to get something and trade it before you ever even use it.

yea I know; just have to think about it. Seems weird to get something and trade it before you ever even use it.

I just did that very thing with a brand new tank I got for Christmas. I took it to Arcet in Fredericksburg and they said, "We can fill it for $35.00, or exchange it for $18.99". The exchange won. I will say, the one I got as an exchange looked brand new. Here's their info, if you're interested:

Arcet
120 Industrial Dr
Fredericksburg, VA 22408-2410
540-898-5363

I just did that very thing with a brand new tank I got for Christmas. I took it to Arcet in Fredericksburg and they said, "We can fill it for $35.00, or exchange it for $18.99". The exchange won. I will say, the one I got as an exchange looked brand new. Here's their info, if you're interested:

Arcet
120 Industrial Dr
540-898-5363

Thanks fxdrider, I am with you. If they have quality tanks it doesn't make that much sense to pay $17 More

Take it to the brewshop in Fredericksburg, they will swap it for a brand new 5 gallon aluminium tank, filled.

I will probably end up taking it to the brewshop. I really enjoy going in there and talking to the people who work there. Good people who love making beer.

Good to know that the brew shop will swap out tanks. I'm looking to start kegging soon and it's nice to know that I won't have to go elsewhere to meet that need, especially since I live just a few minutes away.

I will probably end up taking it to the brewshop. I really enjoy going in there and talking to the people who work there. Good people who love making beer.

I've got to check this place out(The Brew Shop, that is). I usually go to MyLHBS in Falls Church, as it's fairly close to where I work. It would be nice to have a backup location that's not too far from home.

Good to know that the brew shop will swap out tanks. I'm looking to start kegging soon and it's nice to know that I won't have to go elsewhere to meet that need, especially since I live just a few minutes away.

They do sell keging equipment at the brewshop as well. You might want to check it out but they did have a special on a setup a few weeks ago. I don't know if that special is still running

basementbrewbrad said:
They do sell keging equipment at the brewshop as well. You might want to check it out but they did have a special on a setup a few weeks ago. I don't know if that special is still running

I have a basic setup already. I'm just waiting for a good deal on a freezer.

basementbrewbrad said:
Ok, I wasn't sure if you did or not. I have seen a few on craigslist; I will be on the lookout for you.

Thanks. I'm not in too much of a hurry. I'm waiting for my new kettle to be delivered before I brew again. I just bottled my first all grain batch. I did it with one pot in 50 degree weather. There was more hustling involved than I care to deal with.

exchanged my co2 tank at the brewshop today. They gave me a brand new one for my new co2 tank. At $22 not a bad deal. Now its time to put the new kegerator to use

Just bumping a fairly recent thread.

Any other CO2 refill stations in the Stafford, VA area?

I'm getting my kegging system Friday and would be looking to refill on Saturday.

Maybe I'll try out the homebrew shop in Fredricksburg.

Everywhere I have found in the Fredericksburg area only swaps tanks, noone fills them. This being said, though, the brew shop will swap a new-looking aluminum tank, where everywhere else will swap with whatever tank they have on hand.

Arcet
120 Industrial Dr
540-898-5363

I can confirm Arcet is probably the still best place to get your CO2. This is where local bars and breweries get their gas. I just purchased the Danby kegerator from Costco for Thanksgiving/an early Christmas present and filled my 5-lb. bottle there for $17.95 (including tax). 10-lb fill is ~$21; 20-lb fill is ~$25.

I also wanted to get my original bottle filled just in case the kegerator crapped out and I had to return it to Costco. The salesman, Devin, was understanding of the situation. Once I confirm the kegerator works, I frankly don't care if I get a used bottle. Instead of a bottle exchange they did a one-time offer and filled the original bottle without charging me extra to fill it. They normally charge double if you want to fill your same bottle.

FYI, they generally only stock 5-lb and 20-lb bottles for exchanges. Not many people come in with a 10-lb bottle. If you wanted to purchase a bottle without an exchange it was something like $106 for 5-lb and $170 for 20-lb, both filled.

Shorts branch brewing supply in Aquia pines camp grounds fills co2 tanks and the brew shop will exchange co2 tanks for 17 I believe

17 was for the brewshop in fburg trade in tank for a full one. If you call shorts branch I'm sure Everette will tell you what they charge

17 was for the brewshop in fburg trade in tank for a full one. If you call shorts branch I'm sure Everette will tell you what they charge

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was in the same dilemma.

Short branch will refill a 5 lb tank for $20 in 2015, the Brew Shop does them for $23 or exhange. The problem with a refill is you must bring your tank in frozen or they won't get more than 4 lbs or so into it anyway so the exchange is your best option. Short branch does not do exchanges.

Latest posts

Back