CO2 generation (Not harvested from fermentation)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucho

Reaction score
Hello everyone, glad to finally become part of the forum from which I learned so much!.
I have an idea on my head for some time regarding CO2 generation. You see... where I live its not that easy to get my CO2 tanks refilled every time I see fit. I was wondering over ebay and amazon and I stumped myself with a CO2 reactor... Apparently all we need is baking soda, nitric acid and water. Not a chemist, but for what I´ve seen they produce a fairly big amount of CO2.
I wonder if any of you have experience with these little things. I would like to use something like that to force carb my keg fermented beers, transfer them and of course to push them to the faucet!.
You can check on Amazon:
JIAWANSHUN 2 of Aquarium CO2 Generator System Carbon Dioxide Reactor Kit.
I noticed that the regulator is meant for flux output regulation and not for pressure and the thread on the cylinder might not be compatible with common pressure regulators
Thank you for your time and wisdom!
Cheers!

Back