CO2 Dramas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miclip

Reaction score
Hi

So I have this Munich Dunkel that I bottled over a month back. Primed as calculated by the software I was using at the time. Carbonation is very poor and as I've since got into kegging am thinking of transferring the beer to a keg and force carbonating. Have tried moving the bottles to warmer rooms but no change.

Thoughts? Just a waste of bottle caps as far as I can tell.

how long exactly has the bottles been carbonating? what is the gravity of the beer? it can take 1-2 months to carbonate, and longer for larger beers. since you have some carbonation, i am inclined to tell you to wait longer as that is most often the fix.

if its been several months, you can try carefully pouring the bottles into a keg. ive done it before without oxygenating too much. you have to go VERY slow, and try to minimize the amount of air the beer touches. purge your keg first, and i even left the CO2 on the keg trickling out as a shielding gas as i pored them in.

Back