CNN Replaces SI with Bleacher Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
I'll usually check out CNN.com for news while online and then check out their sports section of their website. Up until last month, it took you to sports illustrated. It's not ESPN, but it was comparable and many of the contributors such as Peter King, Dr. Z (pre-stroke), Tim Heyman, etc are solid, and hey at least there is always the swim suit calendar. What I liked most about SI was that there wasn't any of that Insider subscription that ESPN slaps on at least 60% of their content.

So when the CNN website started saying they were replacing SI with Bleacher Report last month, my first thought was "Great, another sports site to check out".

It's absolute garbage. It looks just like the celebrity gossip websites that my wife looks through. There is no articles, no analysis, nothing original - just photographs and twitter things that I don't understand. As far as I can tell it is just lists of photographs with the occasional two or three sentences of text. Is this seriously reporting?

It looks like the website is updated by twitter feed....I don't even know what the hell that means, although it looks like every "article" and "analysis" is written in 140 characters or less.

I do believe Bleacher Report is a crowd-sourced aggregate site where fans submit stories and then those get posted.

Bleacher Report is soooooo funny. Someone did an article called "Legit World Series Contender" and they listed 14 teams.

BTW it's sooo funny

You have an outside shot teams and "legit teams"

Their outside shot teams are Yankees, A's, Rangers, Phillies, and Rays and their legit teams are Cardinals, Dodgers, Angels, Braves, Jays Reds, Nationals, Tigers, and Giants.

BTW, that's every team who finished over .500 but the Brewers Orioles, and White Sox, and adding the Jays and Phillies.

Upthewazzu said:
I do believe Bleacher Report is a crowd-sourced aggregate site where fans submit stories and then those get posted.

I see no difference therefore between bleacher report and memebase except that memebase is hilarious.

Latest posts

Back