Clearing before Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundernick

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've taken a ~9 month break from brewing beer to make some wine, but I'm looking to get back into the beer business. My biggest pain with beer is bottling, so I'm looking to kegging it. I've been doing some reading and I see a common task of clearing before kegging.

How do you guys clear it? Do you actually have a filter you run it through, or does cold crashing/super kleer suffice?

Also off topic, but what brands do you recommend? I'm trying to see if I can find a good deal for a 2 tap kegger for ~$500 (new). Is that possible you think?

Thanks!

Nick

If you're putting it in a kegerator wouldn't all the extra sediment fall to the bottom once it got cold anyways?

Yeah or does but it's less that you have to dump at the first pour

Sent from my TANK 4.5 using Home Brew mobile app

• Irish Moss
  • Time
  • Cold Crash

I use Irish Moss in any brew that I want to come out clear. I allow the product as much time as possible in the fermentor to help it clear. I don't have to do it very frequently, but where necessary to get the yeast to drop, I cold crash. Most of the time, just giving it enough fermentation time will do the trick.

I use Irish Moss in the boil, I let beers stay in primary 2 - 4 weeks depending on the type. Put my keg in the fridge overnight, then start carbing it. After about a week, and a few pints out of the keg, the beer is quite clear.

Latest posts

Back