Clear, low ABV GF beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number40fan

Reaction score
Any recipes out there? I found another GF drinker and she liked BL Lime. Is there something light that she can add her own lime to?

I make GF session beers all the time. Just take a recipe and cut the fermentables in half. When I write recipes I usually write a session partial mash recipe, usually with 3.3 lbs of sorghum and no more than a pound and a half of sugar or other fermentables, before I write a full recipe to taste the hops combinations. I have several session recipes on glutenfreehombrewing.org. They usually range from 3.5-4.5% ABV. They are all citrus hop bombs too😄👍👍

Any recipes out there? I found another GF drinker and she liked BL Lime. Is there something light that she can add her own lime to?

I made a Berliner Weiss that is quite light and very session-able:

https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/berliner-weiss-gluten-free-with-raspberries

Tradition is to add raspberry syrup to the beer afterward but I decided to use fresh fruit. This is optional. without it, i'd say it compares to bud light on mouthfeel, only it won't have the bad aftertaste that bud features ;)

if you omitted the lactic acid (sourness) and halved or omitted the fruit altogether, you'll get about a 3% ABV beer that is probably yearning for a lime. that said, my wife is a huge fan of the fruit in secondary so I'd recommend giving it a try if you the first batch is too thin even with the lime.

I have a crap shoot of a beer going right now. Picked up 10 lbs. of malted rice, added 1 lb. of sugar, Saaz hops for a full 60 and finished it off with some S-23. Smaller batch, so I'll see what happens. Hoping to for a dry beer.

Latest posts

Back