Cleanest dry yeast @ 70F? (no US-05 allowed)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Glue

Reaction score
I want to try something different because i have been using only US05 for all of my beers. I ferment everything around 68-70F. I overpitch.

Here's a list of the available yeasts in my country, dry only:

-The full Fermentis range
-Brewferm Top
-Notty
-Danstar/Lallemand Windsor Ale
-Coopers Top
-Muntons Premium Gold

(i can keep the ferm. temp at any temperature for 2-3 days during the weekends if that helps my case)

Bry-97 is the best dry yeast at 70 degrees. Clean, doesn't mind the higher temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Or, make a simple swamp cooler and then try some different yeasts. 70 is on the high end for most ale yeasts.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Or, make a simple swamp cooler and then try some different yeasts. 70 is on the high end for most ale yeasts.

I don't really like the esters US05 makes during bottle carbing

why do you overpitch?

I like really clean fermentations and the styles i brew does not really need any yeast character.

Notti is great also but not at 70.

I could keep it up at whatever temp for the first 3 days but then i can't mess with it during the week so the temp would creep up to around roomtemp in the swamp coooler. (70F)

Bry-97 is the best dry yeast at 70 degrees. Clean, doesn't mind the higher temp.

I will try it out once then.

Back