Cider aging in carboys in hot temperature!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
We have a heat spell coming and it's going to be about 75 to 80° in my room for the next week. This is where I have my carboys. I do not like the idea of them sitting in 80° temperature so I'm putting them in my Keezer. They have already completely fermented and have been aging for a month or two. My Keezer is at about 33° right now, my question is is that temperature too cold?

I have always aged them in my room and the temperature has been from 62 to 66° and I've never had to worry about the room getting too hot. But now with this heat spell I'm a little concerned. I think I've read somewhere before on homebrew talk that people do this practice?

Can you tell me your thoughts folks?

PS One of the two carboys is a little cloudy so I'm also hoping this will help some of the sediment drop to the bottom...

FWIW my brew spot is around 75F this time of year so I do the following to keep the temps down: Put a wet t-shirt over the carboy and put a fan on it. Place the fan so that the carboy-t-shirt combo gets just a slight breeze. That will keep it cool. Make sure the t-shirt stays damp. If you can put the carboy in a partially filled tub and let the t-shirt wick water it works even better.

115+F temps forecast for Phx, AZ this weekend.

Latest posts

Back