Chugger pump mounting bracket separated from weld

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejluttmann

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with the mounting bracket coming loose from the weld on their chugger pump? During my last brew session I noticed it was not fully attached. I removed it and noticed it had come separated from the weld (see attached). Any ideas on how to fix this? I've thought about silver soldering it but I'm concerned the heat might damage the pump. Maybe someone knows if there any other brackets that can be used to remount it?

image-1310648827.jpg

Assuming the break was not the result of abuse, then that would appear to be a manufacturing defect.

You might want to contact Chugger and see if they would replace it.

As long as this wasn't caused by a sudden gravity spike, the folks at Chugger are likely to replace the motor if asked.
They've been really good about taking care of customers with legitimate product issues...

Cheers!

No response from the company I purchased it from or the manufacturer ...

Guess I'll just try to figure something on my own...

I just had the exact thing happen while I was trying to mount my new chugger to a bench, Did you have any luck fixing or replacing this?

I just had the exact thing happen while I was trying to mount my new chugger to a bench, Did you have any luck fixing or replacing this?

Use JB weld. It won't come loose again. I've used it to fix engine blocks before.

Thanks for the replies guys, for now I grabbed a huge wire tie I had laying around but I think I will go for one, or both of you options for a permanent fix.

20151206_093805.jpg

Latest posts

Back