Christmas dinner.....whatcha makin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirkwooder

Emperor of all things nobody cares about
Reaction score
I'm about to start making a couple pies to take to my folks for tomorrow's dinner. One , a Christmas tradition in our family, chocolate. The other, an elderberry pie, made from some of the berries my wife and I picked this summer, from some wild bushes growing along the creek out back.

They will be served following a dinner of Ham, prime rib, roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, toss salad, green beans, candied carrots, corn sticks, home made rolls, deviled eggs, a relish tray, and who knows what all else. There will be wine, skeeter Pee, and plenty of brews, both home and commercial, and probably more wine. :)

The day will be spent with friends and family and a fine meal. My only wish this Christmas is that everyone should be as lucky as we are, and have plenty to eat, in a warm and comfortable place, with the people they love.

Merry Christmas everyone. :mug:

What are you having?

Prime Rib Roast in oven and Filet/Ribeyes on the grill. That and beer is what I'm eating/drinking!

My wish is that people enjoy their family (it's free!); also, if you can't afford a X-Mas that you want, work harder and make your own "luck" for the next year.

French onion soup, making today potting in the classic style tomorrow, Turkey, New York Strips, twice baked taters, salad, pecan pie...I think that's it

I make a small pot of Swedish meatballs and take a loaf of bread down the street to a few common corners where homeless tend to hang out. Talk to them for a few minutes and let them eat until they are happy. It costs me about $10 and 10 minutes of prep time. Then I go home and eat my mothers food like I've never eaten before, because nothing touches that cooking.

Swedish Meatballs
1-2 bag frozen meatballs
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
opt. salt, pepper, garlic, onion

Heat the mushroom soup in a sauce pan just enough to mix in sour cream, add a little water if it is too thick. Add the meatballs and stir them until they are all coated. Put everything in a crockpot on low over night.

A Christmas tradition started a few years ago when my son-in-law deep-fried a turkey. Need I say more? Oh, and of course a HB or two. Merry Christmas! And a safe and healthy and blessed New Year!

I'm making chicken dumpling soup from scratch because my FIL and MIL don't like Prime Rib and Crab legs that EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING because it's too "spicy" or "weird."

Germans, eh? What are you gonna to do...

Our "tradition" on Christmas Day is to spend time munching our way through a loaded dining room table full of delicious stuff: meatballs in sauce, little pigs in a blanket, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, shrimp, veggies and dip, and some adult beverages, including beer, to keep the parched throats lubricated! And then, there are the cookies and candies, and did I mention beer?

On Friday, I will deep-fry a turkey which we'll have with my "special" instant potatoes, green bean casserole, and a few other "sides."

Since today is Christmas Eve, I take this time to wish all my HBT brewer friends a Merry Christmas!

glenn514:mug:

Nothin'.

For the first time since maybe 1997 or so, I'm neither the cook for Thanksgiving nor for Christmas. (It's not a commentary on my cooking, just a coincidence.) Usually, I'm the cook for both holidays. But I'm sure there will be a get-together at the in-laws' place for the Packer game on Sunday, so I'll volunteer to smoke a pork butt.

Applewood smoked turkey, green chili hominy cheesy goodness, mashed taters.

I've had that turkey brining since monday.

Amen brother!
We're going to roast up this bad boy!
Merry Christmas!

image.jpg

Our "tradition" on Christmas Day is to spend time munching our way through a loaded dining room table full of delicious stuff: meatballs in sauce, little pigs in a blanket, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, shrimp, veggies and dip, and some adult beverages, including beer, to keep the parched throats lubricated! And then, there are the cookies and candies, and did I mention beer?

On Friday, I will deep-fry a turkey which we'll have with my "special" instant potatoes, green bean casserole, and a few other "sides."

Since today is Christmas Eve, I take this time to wish all my HBT brewer friends a Merry Christmas!

glenn514:mug:

Bacon wrapped water chestnuts. That sounds good!

Ham with cherries and pineapples. Pan fried potatoes with onions and peppers. Baked macaroni. Guiness chocolate cheesecake.

Thanks to a last-minute menu change at my parents' house last night, SWMBO and I acquired a two rib roast. That's going on the WSM soon.

Christmas Eve was marinaded venison fillets wraped in bacon on the grill and shrimp, The mashed taters and salad were on the side.
Christmas day is an 8.5 lb. chicken that I raised and spiral cut ham. Veggie tray and shrimp for Hors D'oeuvres and tons of home made cookies, peanut candy and pecan pie for desert.

Prime rib, baked potatoes, stuff mushrooms, green beans in garlic and oil.
Oh, and some good home brew and homemade wine.

Latest posts

Back