Chocolate peanut butter porter from extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millie

Reaction score
I wanted to do a cholate peanut butter porter from extract. Any good suggestions. Im new to brewing so please include detailed intructions. Thxs

You might want to do some more research on using peanut butter, oils will affect head production and head retention.

Ive heard ideas to use a dry peanut butter powder or to secondry fermention in peanut jars to avoid the oil issue. Do u think any of those would work?

I wanted to do a cholate peanut butter porter from extract. Any good suggestions. Im new to brewing so please include detailed intructions. Thxs

I've got a recipe around here somewhere, but don't use Peanut Butter, us PB2, its dehydrated peanut butter. I'll find it and post it in here.

Midwest had a kit...it is called Chocolate Covered BEAVR Nutz. It is a partial mash though. I am getting ready to bottle this one today. If you look at their site, it should have the recipe.

I've only done one chocolate peanut butter and also used pb2. It came out great! I'll write up the recipe as soon as I find my log book. Basically added cocoa powder during boil and racked onto pb2 in secondary. Nice chocolate sweatiness up front with a lingering peanut butter flavor. We also back sweetened with a tad of sweet n low at bottle time to counteract the peanut bitterness.

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

That sounds great. If u could post that recipe for me i would appricate it. How long do I keep in secondary? Also how long should I keep in bottles before I drink?

Im brewing this tonight!! Ill post the recipe im gonna use.

Back