Chocolate bock first brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
An update on my first beers life cycle.
Has now after thirteen days been moved to secondary. I racked it to add cocoa nibs soaked in vodka. Hopefully it turns out well. I'm guessing the added cocoa gave the yeast enough sugar to start up fermentation?

image.jpg

An update on my first beers life cycle.
Has now after thirteen days been moved to secondary. I racked it to add cocoa nibs soaked in vodka. Hopefully it turns out well. I'm guessing the added cocoa gave the yeast enough sugar to start up fermentation?

I don't to alarm you because it's probably just that the yeast was roused, possibly warmed, and is doing some cleanup but I don't think cocoa nibs contain sugar.

That seems like a lot of krausen. What was your gravity before transfer to secondary? My guess is that you had a stuck fermentation and that transfer has restarted the yeast. That's a good thing, so just leave it until fermentation is complete.

Back