Cheers from Philadelphia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeadyKilowatt

Reaction score
Greeting fellow beer fans!

I haven't brewed in years and only ever did a couple of batches, but just dug my stuff out of storage and can't wait to get back into it (We already make our own sauerkraut and have grown our own shiitake mushrooms in the guest room/food lab, so why not brew some beer as well?). Currently saving up bottles (hard work drinking all this beer!) and looking to get a batch going next weekend.

Looking forward to having fun and learning a lot homebrewing and spending too much time on this great forum!

Welcome! I was in Philly over the summer. Ever go to KraftWorks? They have the best fries. We also stopped at Yards Brewery at the outskirts of Philly.

Never been to Kraftwork, but I've heard good things. They're not far from my CSA group's urban farm, so maybe I'll have to stop by for a beer and lunch sometime when I have to go pick up the farmshare.

Yard's is a great brewery. I especially like their "Ales of the Revolution" series based on recipes by Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin. The Philadelphia Brewing Company is also one to check out next time you're in Philly. Their "Harvest from the Hood" uses hops grown in the city (including some from the urban farm I belong to, so we get a few beers with our share every year!)

Back