Cheap chalk board upgrade to a cheap kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found some cheap blackboard contact paper on Amazon for $7.49 and thought that it might work for classing up my cheap kegerator, I paid $20 for it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KKMO90/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I added the paper to an order, 6 feet. I cleaned the door, pulled the emblem, measured, and cut it to size. I coated the door with soapy water and applied the paper. This allowed me to move it to the proper place and get the air bubbles out.

I think that it classed up my kegerator. What do you think?

Before

After

20130926_171920.jpg

20130926_220352.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting. Would have looked better on the whole thing, but classed it up a bit, anyway. Now go get some cheap wood trim and frame it.

Off topic, what are the two buttons/lights/stickers/whatever next to your temp controller in the door.
Also, where are your other two taps/kegs? 4 listings on the chalkboard, but only 2 taps through the barnwood inside?

Chalkboard paint is what I used on mine. A few bucks for a can. Sprayed the whole thing, with 2 coats, with less than 2 cans Cost me maybe $7.50??? I also bought some magnetic printer paper from Hobby Lobby and printed labels for each tap. I swap them out for whichever bee is on tap. Nothing written on the fridge in this pic, but now it has the upcoming brew schedule on it.

photo (17).jpg

Looks interesting. Would have looked better on the whole thing, but classed it up a bit, anyway. Now go get some cheap wood trim and frame it.

Off topic, what are the two buttons/lights/stickers/whatever next to your temp controller in the door.
Also, where are your other two taps/kegs? 4 listings on the chalkboard, but only 2 taps through the barnwood inside?

Thanks,
On the front there is a lighted main power switch and a indicator lamp when the cool cycle is on.

The picture of the inside is old, here is a new one. There are three on the left, a picnic tap is between the two Perlicks, it pulls out. There is another picnic tap on the right on top of a keg. Here is how it looks now.

Back