Catskill Mountain Residents? Need Some Help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
How's the weather up there? My bachelor party is on April 6th and we have a cabin rented out about 10 miles south east of Windham Mountain. The weekend will consist of beer, outdoor drunken olympic type events, and maybe some getting lost in the woods type stuff.

Since I live about 3 hours south, I have no idea what the weather or the actual terrain is like (currently). How much snow is on the ground? Will it be melted by April 6th? Will it be soggy? Are there more snow storms coming?

Since we're planning out some outdoor games/events, the amount of snow (or not) will sort of dictate what we're able to do.

If anyone out there is a resident of the Catskills, any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

PS- Ever hear of Last Chance Antiques and Cheese shop? I hear they have great beer and great cheese. Worth hitting up before we settle in?

I have skied in the Catskills all my life. The first weekend in April could be 65 degrees and sunny, or 2 feet of snow. Spring and fall in the mountains can be extreme one way or the other...ever hear of the Donners?

There is a good chance of very pleasant weather, hope you enjoy?

Thanks Wilserbrewer, just hoping that an actual resident of the Catskills will see this and give me a head's up of the current conditions. Bumping to keep this near the top. Thanks...

Back