Carrot mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noblesquirrel

Reaction score
Anybody here every done a mead with carrot juice? I just started one yesterday on a whim. Used about 3qts of carrot juice and 4lbs of wildflower honey from Ioway, with water to bring it up to 1.5gal. Interested in hearing if the flavor carries through and if there is color added by the beta carotene. It smells like carrots still at this time, so my assumption is that it will carry through nicely. Should be fun. OG 1.120, anticipate semi-sweet for finish.

I am making a gallon of carrot wine made from a gallon or more of carrot juice that was sold in a local supermarket. Doesn't taste strongly of carrots but it does have an unusual taste that hints of carrots. It is very clear and the color is very pale - a warm golden color. Not yet ready for bottling although I started this around January. I do think it will be an acquired taste and I do agree that it is likely to be more drinkable if I backsweeten to a gravity of around 1.010.

Do you really think that there is ANYTHING Creamygoodness hasn't fermented in a mead?

(........anything short of horse siemen that is.......I hope)

Latest posts

Back