carbontation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swannytheswan

Reaction score
I'm kinda new to brewing and I have a batch in the primary that has been in there for about a month I normally wouldn't leave it in there that long but I didn't have enough bottles to bottle it all and frankly life has happened and I haven't had time. It is an amber ale OG 1.045 my question is are the yeast still viable so i can bottle carb them normally or would I need to do something to wake them up? sorry for my ignorance

I'm kinda new to brewing and I have a batch in the primary that has been in there for about a month I normally wouldn't leave it in there that long but I didn't have enough bottles to bottle it all and frankly life has happened and I haven't had time. It is an amber ale OG 1.045 my question is are the yeast still viable so i can bottle carb them normally or would I need to do something to wake them up? sorry for my ignorance

Your one month in the primary has allowed the yeast time to do what the yeast is supposed to do. The yeast are still in suspension and ready to carbonate. Your Amber Ale will be great. One of my favorites which I keep in primary at least four weeks.

I kept an ale in the fermenter for more than 2 months and it carbonated just fine and I've seen reports of much longer than than still being OK.

You'll be fine. Just remember to make sure you've hit your FG before bottling. 1.045 after a month should be plenty of time, but it's good to get in the habit of checking.

Back