Carbonator cap bottle size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzilla81

Reaction score
Quick question everyone :) I just got the carbonator cap and I tried it on a 1L bottle and it didn't seem to carbonate. I'm using it to carbonate water. Does it matter the size of the bottle? And yes the water was cold when I went to carb it.

Hmm- mine fits every soda bottle I ever tried it on. Did you pressurize it and get the bottle hard, and then it leaked?

I give a bottle of water about 30 psi and shake it hard, and then another shot, etc, and it carbs up in a couple of minutes.

Yea my cap fits the bottle. It's a 1L bottle I'm using and it doesn't seem to carb it. On the liquid bread site the video they it looks like a 2L. I didn't think the size of bottle would make a differance.

Yea my cap fits the bottle. It's a 1L bottle I'm using and it doesn't seem to carb it. On the liquid bread site the video they it looks like a 2L. I didn't think the size of bottle would make a differance.

It must be leaking? Did you try giving it a big blast, and having the bottle get rock hard, and then maybe putting it under water to see if it's leaking?

Well, I checked for leaks and there were none. I decided to try it again last night. This time I just kept shaking until I thought my arms would fall off. And I saw some differance. I guess from now own I'll just shake it for a few minutes

The bottle size doesn't matter. You need to have some head space above the liquid, which you purge of air by squeezing the bottle before applying CO2 (I assume you've watched Liquid Bread's video?).

It takes more than one pressure / shake cycle. Usually 6-8 times works for me.

Back