Carbonation related with Kool-Aid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roguenroll

Reaction score
Hey i have the coopers bottles and im using the carbonation caps for 6 or so bottles to take when boating or whatever.

I decided to try to make some soda for my bros kids, with kool-aid and carbonate it.

I have set to 10-12 lbs, liquid mostly to the top, and shake the heck out of it w/ the gas attached. I dont leave the gas attached. FYI.

After 3 days, and not hearing the gas groan as it fills (when I do with beer), I opened it and got no carbonation that I noticed. Its worked great for beer.

Only thing I can think is it topped off to high with liquid.

Any insight????

Sounds like you are force carbonating, right?

I make sure my beer (your Kool-aid) is cold cold as it will absorb the co2 more readily. Squeeze the bottle so all the air is expelled and cap at that point. Attach the co2 at about 30 psi and the bottle will refill. Detach. Shake shake shake. Reattach. Repeat about 6-8 times. This should do you.

yes force carb. yes I squeezed, and expelled all air in the beginning.

bottles in keezer, 40 degrees.

i guess has to be the pressure (im at 10-12) thats where my current pouring pressure happens to be.

but I thought if I did it, many times, over 2-3 days it would be good.

I will crank up the pressure. I didnt want to over do it, since its plastic bottles.

will try

Latest posts

Back