Carbonation at different temperatures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tochsner

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am sure this has been explained before but I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for.
I keg my beer and put it in the kegerator with the pressure set at 12psi and leave it alone. This works great and it comes out carbonated the way I want after a week or two.
Now I have built and insulated closet where I will be storing my kegs to condition. I have another regulator and manifold so I am going to carb them while they condition. According to the chart to achieve the same volumes at the warmer temperature I need to set it to 23psi. I get that.
My question is, if I put the keg in my closet and carb to 2.5 volumes at 55* then I move the keg to the kegerator at 38* under less pressure, will my carbonation stay consistent?

Yes your carbonation will stay constant if you're making the corresponding pressure adjustment for the new temp.

The level of carbonation will adjust to the pressure and temp that your keg is under wherever it's at.

When you move it to the kegerator, don't hook up the gas for at least 24 hours. The keg will take at least 24 hours to cool and absorb the co2. When you do hook up the gas later it should be right at your current serving pressure if you read the chart right.

Latest posts

Back