Carbing with a Wine Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

Apologies for double posting if I am. I looked around and couldn't find the answer to my specific question, so I decided to post the question here.

I just boiled two beers: an apricot farmhouse saison (WL American Farmhouse Blend) and a lavender saison (WL Belgian Style Saison) and am interested in using a small packet of dry wine yeast for bottle conditioning with one of them. Does anyone have any thoughts and/or recommendations regarding this method? I am aware that wine yeast strains are only able to process specific sugar compounds, and so would be limited in that way during the bottle fermentation process. I am more interested in producing a different carbonation texture, and thought that this route might work.

Thanks in advance.

The Weirdo with a Beerdo.

:mug:

I use EC-1118 yeast all the time to bottle condition my beers. Never have any problems and for me I get a more reliable carbonation. Last time I did not use yeast at bottling it took 4 weeks for my DIPA to carbonate. I have not noticed a "different carbonation texture" though.

Back