Cant reach my final OG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbuck

Reaction score
I would like to know why I cant reach my final OG now??? I hitted hit a couple of time and now seems hard to get it
I did a rye Ipa, which miss 10-15 to my final og
A Maibock which miss 10-15 too
a haus pale ale which I hitted before and now im at 1.020 and need to get 1.010 , Hitted 1.008 before
I dont know what to do now, will it help if I put all my carboy in the basement where its colder ??
Will it continue to drop or its done?

Have to say I hitted all my mash temp.

Could it have something to do with attenuation? Do you aerate or use starters?

Perhaps you're pitching at too high a temp or fermenting at the wrong temp.

Maybe, I got problem since the hot weater came.
If im lowering temp will it go down or it will stay at this og?

Man, sometime I wish i had that problem.
Are you doing PM or AG. Sometimes the use of extract can result in a higher FG.

Im doing AG.
I did a haus pale ale which got final og at 1.008
now im stuck at 1.020 and dont know why

Is adding sugar or yeast nutriment or both will help to get my final og if it dosent dropped after a week?

How do you control your ferment temps? I had underattenuation when I didn't have good control over fermentation temperature - I figured it was due to the temperature crash at the end of the exothermic stage of fermentation.

Dosent really control it, Got a room at 19, thought it was too low to let my beer there when i went to vacancy. Now I putted it in basement, wanted to know if its possible to low my final gravity with this?

Latest posts

Back