Can we get a "block" feature on these forums?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paps

Reaction score
Some forums allow any user to block/ignore any other user in their control box.
This makes anything said blocked poster invisible to them.
It would be handy to combat these `spammer types whom basically make the forums useless for the 12 hours or so until a mod perma bans their new proxy IP addy.

I'm not bitching at or about the mods at all...just seen it done on other forums, thought maybe it could be done here as well.

Just report them, all of them you can, and they'll go away. Don't ignore the problem, be proactive in getting rid of it!

Just report them, all of them you can, and they'll go away. Don't ignore the problem, be proactive in getting rid of it!

I had allready reported the 2 from tonight before posting this thread.
I'd just like the option to make them `on my own`, manually disapear instead of waiting for a mod to drop the ban-hammer on them.

The forum should really put in a bigger wait between starting threads to limit that kind of spam.

Some forums allow any user to block/ignore any other user in their control box. This makes anything said blocked poster invisible to them.

You can do that (at least on the PC app you can):

My Account > Control Panel > Edit Ignore List​

Report the spam and we will get it in the morning. We used to have a mod in Europe and he'd do the late shift, but he's not a mod any more. Homer took care of the spam this morning. If you see any more, be sure to report so we can cut it out. Thanks.

I had allready reported the 2 from tonight before posting this thread.
I'd just like the option to make them `on my own`, manually disapear instead of waiting for a mod to drop the ban-hammer on them.

If you click on "My Account" in the upper right part of the screen and select Control Panel from the drop down menu, you can then go into your personal controls and edit an ignore list. This should effectively hide any posts from anyone in that list.

On the lighter side of all this, I tried to sign up on freemusicarchive.org to get tunes for my videos. Once I completed the sign up, it thought I was a spam bot & made me prove otherwise. So nothing is 100% on line...:drunk:

Seems another "late night" mod is needed...

...I am always up late... hmm...

:D

You can do that (at least on the PC app you can):

My Account > Control Panel > Edit Ignore List​

Report the spam and we will get it in the morning. We used to have a mod in Europe and he'd do the late shift, but he's not a mod any more. Homer took care of the spam this morning. If you see any more, be sure to report so we can cut it out. Thanks.

yep, easy as can be.

Now we wait for the "So who's on your ignore list?" thread...

On the lighter side of all this, I tried to sign up on freemusicarchive.org to get tunes for my videos. Once I completed the sign up, it thought I was a spam bot & made me prove otherwise. So nothing is 100% on line...:drunk:

I hate proving I'm not something, which wars against my hating not proving I am something; so that's something.

OK, well, I will just leave this out there - if HBT wants a late-night mod, I am volunteering. I don't have any bias, no beefs with anyone here, and really, I just hate seeing the boards spammed up with "Voodoo" and all that has been showing up the past few nights. I would honestly confine myself to such incidents, if it makes a difference.

893whatthe.gif

Being jobless, I stay up late, and wake up late.

I don't even start cracking beers until after 11 most nights.

Back