Can this work as a fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what LME comes in, some of the larger suppliers that do their own packaging sell the barrels for ~$30 if I remember.

A friend of mine has a couple of ~55 gallon stainless steel pots that he was going to use to make biodiesel, I'm looking to make a one bbl system so this works perfect as my fermenter! and thanks for the CL tip, I looked and there are quite a few options here in SD for around 20 dlls like you said, I'm sure if these are food grade a thorough cleaning will get rid of any odors it may have. Also, I'm thinking on mounting this on a base and installing a an outlet just above the cake and another on the bottom of it so I can wash the yeast right out after I empty the beer, has this been done before?

I've used a 33 gallon plastic water barrel in the past, essentially, they're just like big plastic bucket fermenters. Just be aware the larger volume will retain the heat the yeast generate more so than a 5 gal bucket.

Latest posts

Back