Can someone help with cloning a recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roland_deschain

Reaction score
I contacted Lagunitas about some hints for their DoppelSticky. This is what their Brewmonster answered back:

“Rye beer with Kolsch yeast dry hopped with Australian “Enigma” and US Citra, 60 IBU and 8% ABV rough target (17,8 Plato) will guide you there--- it needs to be lagered to relieve the sulphur
Jeremy”

Im still too new at this to determine what I should use for my grain bill, etc.
I've never lagered something but I have a temperature controlled unit that I could use for it.
Any thoughts?

Roland

Maybe something like:

11 lb 2-row
2 lb rye
1 lb Munich 10L
3 oz 60L

1 oz Enigma (60 min.)
0.75 oz Citra (15 min.)
0.75 oz Citra (5 min.)

WLP029 German Ale/Kolsch Yeast

0.5 oz Enigma (dry hop)
0.5 oz Citra (dry hop)

"we fermented this ale at a lower temperature to pull out the sulphur-y bite from the yeast, then dry-hopped it with some dank, Sticky hops, including some brand-spankin'-new Enigma hops from the great Down Under!"

http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast/wlp029-german-ale-k-lsch-yeast
yep, like dromjohn quoted...
sounds like this ale yeast makes a sulfur smell which is more common of lager strains.
I would ferment at 65F for 5 days, raise to 69 to promote full attenuation and hold for a couple days kind of like a diacetyl rest. then cold crash, fine with gelatin and "lager" it for a couple weeks. sounds like others had the sulfur go away with age.
lager just literally means to rest it or age it.
hope this helps! good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back