Can Blichmann quick-carb machine be used w/ Sanke?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewVerymore

Reaction score
I think I'll start this post by answer my own question. I would assume it does work so long as there is a coupler w/ ball locks on it. However, I thought I'd go ahead and ask before spending $150 on this thing.

I only have Sanke kegs and am just wondering if there is anything structurally different w/ sanke kegs that would make this less functional.

http://www.homebrewing.org/QuickCarb-by-Blichmann_p_6562.html

Thanks in advance for any help!

This device is just a cheap version of a soda carbonator used in every restaurant with a soda fountain. As long as you can circulate the beer (correct fittings) it should work fine.
On your Sanke coupler you may need to remove your check valves (mine was just a plastic ball) to allow fluid to flow better through the gas inlet.

I have sankes and saw this product on another post so it caught my attention.

Does this do anything different than the quick carb method?
40 psi for 24 hours gets you drinking in one day but the bubbles in the head are large and it takes a couple days to balance out and "tighen up" the bubbles/foam.
Does this eliminate that and instantly give you a tight creamy head as if its been sitting for 2weeks? Seems odd people cant wait one day to drink...there must be another reason for this product

Reading the link it says to give it a day to dial it in. Wouldn't shaking the keg get you drinking right away and then letting it sit a day be almost the same thing?

Not knocking the product just curios as to how it works and what it will achieve

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1501701350.636017.jpg

Took a pic for you since I just got home. The sanke kit has these fittings which are basically tap fittings/ w a male compression on the end. You need pull the check valves out of the sanke tap. It has a

I brewed a beer for my nieces wedding and I had to go with a sanke keg for the venue. The swmbo gave me a little latitude on $$ since it's her brothers daughter. It's always a score when the boss approves a purchase! So that's the how and why of why I gave it a go.

What I like about it, it simply gets the correct level of carbonation for any style. It's pretty much set it and come back in an hour. It's very easy to clean. Just rotate the hoses through PBW, rinse and Sani. It's a self priming pump so no need to prime it. Pinch the return line and the liquid is forced out the gas in line. That cleans the carb stone nicely. Air dry the hoses and your gtg.

Is there a magical conditioning that takes place? No. But you are using a .5 stone so you get a fast absorption.

Lots of ways to skin this cat but the unit works as described and it's nice to have a RIS at a low carb level and a sour saison at a higher carb level. I do have three secondary regulators in my kegerator and they are each split in two so I can keep three different serving pressures on tap. Without the different regulators all the tanks would eventually reach co2 equilibrium eventually.

Wow thank u so much for that! Really appreciate it! I did notice the sanke kit having a 12v (or 10?) power plug. Not sure why a sanke would require more power to the pump than the corny keg one. Any idea why that is?

check out this video. You can skip the unboxing, assembly and corny keg portion. Advance to 22:56 and you'll see this guy use it with a sanke.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j258UV8mbjM&t=6s[/ame]

Wow thank u so much for that! Really appreciate it! I did notice the sanke kit having a 12v (or 10?) power plug. Not sure why a sanke would require more power to the pump than the corny keg one. Any idea why that is?

I think it's volume related. The pump is pulling a vacuum, the sanke is taller and the pick up tube is larger than a corny keg. So the extra power helps pull the beer your of the keg.

I think it's volume related. The pump is pulling a vacuum, the sanke is taller and the pick up tube is larger than a corny keg. So the extra power helps pull the beer your of the keg.

That makes sense. I received the blichmann thing. I'll find a higher voltage adapter.

Latest posts

Back