Camping beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

The wife and I are going camping and I have never had success transporting kegs. They get extremely disturbed and just pour foam so i'm thinking of making a batch and bottle conditioning it.

Looking for something nice and easy, any suggestions?

Kegs work fine for me to transport. How do you transport?

I keep a couple beers in my jockey box. I drink those while setting up the kegs and tents. Usually pours fine by that time.

Regarding beer, what ever you like to deink.

For camping, I use a 2.5G keg with a paintball CO2 canister on a regulator, kept in a cooler with wheels and a handle. I drilled a hole in the cooler for a cheap tap. Works great.

E17FB84F-2F27-435E-BCCE-11E3362C2A9C.jpeg

There was a recent camping beer thread. It got rolling a little and, i know its a little weird, but i thought it would be cool if we all posted camping beer pics. Anyways that thread has some good thoughts on it.

I use a kegerator made from a garbage can filled with ice. Yeah takes a few hrs for kegs to settle down after they are iced. Don’t know if purging might help before transport.

I use a kegerator made from a garbage can filled with ice. Yeah takes a few hrs for kegs to settle down after they are iced. Don’t know if purging might help before transport.
maybe that was my issue. When I had done it, I just threw the 5 gallon keg in the back of my car and drove for 4 hours. I didn't purge any excess headspace which may have helped. I just assumed I ruined it back then. I had recently overcarbonated a beer by trying to force carb it and just shut the gas off purging the excess over 24 hours and that settled everything back down nicely for me.

Back