Buying Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a chest freezer and now I am ready to start piecing together the items I need to make it a keezer. I thought I would start by buying some Perlick Perl faucets. I am thinking the 525's are the way to go, but I want to throw it out to see what you guys are buying and loving. :mug:

Don't even think twice. Perlick is the way to go. If you were asking about 425 vs. 525 vs 575, I don't know. Only ever used 525's but they are really nice. I've heard some people say the 425's are nice too, but they are more expensive and getting hard to find. The 575's are not worth it, IMHO. I can make foam easily just by barely opening the faucet which is basically what the 575 is doing.

Go with the 525SS. Best value for your money. I bought 4 of them from Austin Homebrew Supply along with the SS shanks and tailpieces. They've served me well for the past few months and if (WHEN!!) I build a new serving box/keezer I'm going to be using the same faucets.

Now I will need to build a collar to mount the faucets and some shanks, tubing and some air distrubiters.

Thanks guys for the quick feedback! I just pulled the trigger on 4 of the 525's. $102 and some change for 4 of them. Great price at www.ritebrew.com
Holy crappo - $23.99 each. That's the cheapest I've seen yet, beating AHS by a ways. Wonder if Forrest has spotted it yet?

yep. I got an email from them this weekend and was told they will match the price. I'm this close to getting SWMBO's ok to order...

I'm curious to see how this RiteBrew shop performs. Their prices are absolutely fantastic on a lot of their stuff, almost a "too good to be true" kinda thing. Their grain prices beat anyone I've seen on the per pound crushed, as do their yeast pricing.

Seriously! Five bucks a pack for Wyeast shipped? My LHBS charges almost nine bucks a tube for White labs, and doesn't even carry Wyeast. I might just have found my new supplier!

Hey guys, I'm the owner of RiteBrew.com - just started it a few months ago, still have a lot of products to add to the site. It's my summer project.

I've been running RiteAV.com for 4 years, thought I'd try another market.

Let me know if you have any questions.

For what it's worth I spoke with a equipment supplier the other day about perlicks. He states that they currently do not install or recommend the 525 faucet. He stated that they have found problems with the faucet leaking with the new design, harder to clean and generally not as nice as the 425. Just my 2 cents as I have the 425 and like them.

I just ordered a perlick faucet and some hops from Ritebrew so I will tell how it turns out in a couple of days. stay tuned...

I've had problems with one of my 575's it leaks just a bit, and nothing has fixed it. I can make a nice head/foam by opening the other direction, just halfway or so, it's not worth the upgrade price IMHO.

So I got the stuff I ordered and then decided to order another faucet and a shank. I didn't notice until after it got here that the tail piece is not included and has to be purchased extra. I emailed the "customer service" and he told me I should of read it better and acted like he didn't appreciate my business. In a 2nd email questioning his flippant attitude, he responded with "What exactly do you expect me to do? If we screwed up, I'd fix it in a heartbeat."

****TY CUSTOMER SERVICE even if I didn't read it correctly/thoroughly.

I was expecting more of a response of...I'm sorry about that, unfortunately it's is mentioned on the website etc etc. NOT: I don't give a **** you're bothering me.

Thanks Neil, I'll spend my money at my LBSH from now on. It's only a few bucks more and they treat me with respect.

I think a better name for your company would be RONGBREW!

Yes, as I said: "If we screwed up, I'd fix it in a heartbeat"

The thing is, you screwed up, so I really don't know what you expect me to do.

The shank listing clearly states: "Needs tail-piece, nut, and rubber washer to connect to beer line."

So... What do you expect me to do? You still haven't answered that question.

It does clearly say "Needs tail-piece, nut, and rubber washer to connect to beer line." and the photo does not show those parts so its not deceptive. So I'm not really sure what you want either? Do you expect him to throw them in?

If you bought some bolts at home depot and didn't notice they didn't come with the nuts you wouldn't yell at home depot you would suck it up and buy the nuts...

Now I don't know what he said to make you say he "acted like he didn't appreciate my business". But if someone emailed me all pissed off and wanted freebies I would tell you the same thing.

I bought six 525SS's from Austin Homebrew at 23.99 a piece when they were on sale. It was the lowest price I had seen. Next are my shanks, tailpieces, some new beer lines and paint (I'm painting my currently white kegerator black with Rustoleum appliance paint). It's gonna be sweet.

Back