Busted freezer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a holiday mini fridge for free today and accidentally cut a line that ran through the freezer shelf. Does this mini fridge have a date with the curb or is there any hope?

To paraphrase Bones: "It's dead, Jim"

The cost to repair will far outweigh the cost of replacement. Mini-fridges are essentially disposable...

Cheers!

I made the same mistake today as well. It's a shame, but one little puncture in the freon line and it's as good as trash.

Well you two that broke your fridges, send them to me. I can fix those both by lunch time and have beer to drink by night fall. Seriously, send them to me...

Well you two that broke your fridges, send them to me. I can fix those both by lunch time and have beer to drink by night fall. Seriously, send them to me...

Sorry, I put it on the curb and some magical neighborhood fairies snatched it up within 10 minutes. How do you fix em?

punctuation helps a bit ...

patch the line, sweat in a port, pull a vacuum, add a couple ounces of 134A

:tank:

in fact, punctuation can save lives:

let's eat Grandma.

let's eat, Grandma.

:D

Patch the line sweat in a port pull a vacuum add a couple ounce's of 134A:D

What he said!

However, if it were me and the thing was broken and gas free at that point. I would cut it apart, ditch the old fridge shell build it into what ever configuration shape you wanted, and THEN do what he said. Add a STC 1000 and Bango...

Sorry I just came from a beer tasting with over 50 types, I'm a little :drunk::tank::mug:

Latest posts

Back